Services and Programs
Services to international students are provided as personal consultation (walk-in or via appointment) or through some of our many workshops and presentations.
- Cultural transition support;
- Referral services on issues related to Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC), employment, access to Service Canada resources, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), administration of the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) and settlement support;
- New student orientation and cross-cultural information;
- Mentorship program;
- Assistance finding authorized immigration representatives;
- Implementation, promotion and processing of applications for exchange programs to and from several universities around the world;
- Advice for internationally minded Canadian students on study / work / intern and volunteer abroad opportunities;
- Workshops and information sessions on practical educational topics that are not taught in classrooms, such as how to enhance the university student experience, opportunities to get involved in the community (the key to a successful adjustment to Canada), cultural adaptation issues, how to improve one's writing skills;
- Outdoor activities for international and exchange students;
And a lot more!